Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I. Am. So. Tired.

So, here lately I have been really exhausted. Who am I kidding? I've felt exhausted since the surgery. Everyone said that once I started moving around more that I would get my energy back. Ive been moving as much as possible, and I'm still really tired all the time. Well, today at work, I couldn't stand for more than 10 minutes before needing to take a 2 minute rest. This evening, Shane and I went to CVS, and I had to sit in the isle like a moron to catch my breath. I feel great in all other aspects; I just have no stamina yet.

I got off at lunch today and came home and did some tidying up for about 20 minutes. It's the first time I've done housework since my surgery! (It's Day 14 Post-Op by the way!) After that I crashed. But after a 1 hour power nap, I was good to go again.

I still have to walk bent over, but I noticed today I was walking more upright than I previously have been walking.

Just out of curiosity, I put on my bathing suit bottoms today to see if my scar would show. Sadly, about 2 inches on each side will show if I wear a bikini. I'm sure over time it will lighten up so much it will barely be noticeable; plus I'd rather have a little scar showing than that flabby mess that I used to have :)

Overall, everything is healing nicely. I still have some swelling, but that's normal. My doctor told me that I won't actually be able to see the true, final results for another few months--just in time for our cruise! I'm actually so swollen right now that my pants I wore before the surgery won't button LOL but at least I'm FLAT!

I don't regret for a minute having this done. I think my only regret is that I wasn't prepared for the healing process: the time, the details, etc. I was told the basics of what to expect and no more. And as I've said before, a strong support system through this is so important, and I'm so thankful I've had that in my husband.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment