Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 23 Post-Op- Pic Update

I woke up this morning feeling great. Since my surgery, I've gotten into the habit of checking my stomach first thing--usually just for swelling. (Mind you, I went into surgery a 10/12 and came out a freaking 14/16 due to swelling! I'm still waiting to be that size 8 my doctor told me I would be.) This morning I automatically put my hand on my garment when I woke up. It felt different. Good different. It felt flatter. I immediately tore out of my garment to look in the mirror.

I almost cried. My stomach is ALMOST flat and the swelling was down soooo much! Yes, the incisions and bruising is still there, but wow! I went to bed swollen like all heck and woke up looking and feeling really good. I can't wait for the next couple of months for my muscles to heal and to see the final results.

Try not to be too critical of my pic.
I never said I was a super-model. Just flatter now....With a booty ;)

You'll see a lot of the swelling is around the panty line. I purposely wore panties with more coverage to cover the incision. That little "lump" in the front will be the last place the swelling will go down (according to my doctor).



9 comments:

  1. I had my abdominoplasty with lipo and breast reduction on January 15. My incision unfortunately became necrotic and opened completely up. Three times a day packing. Continue to have one section that is do sensitive that it hurts to stand up. Glad to know there is as light at the end of this forever tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      I'm so sorry you've had complications. I know how discouraging and sometimes depressing it can be. It was a full 6 weeks before I was feeling somewhat back to normal. My surgery was on Decemeber 26, and I still have to move about "gingerly". My stomach is still sensitive, and some days I am so swollen that I have to wear sweat pants. I know it takes atleast a year to fully recover, but it does get better! Hang in there!

      Delete
  2. It’s looking good, Kimberly! Just follow the post-surgery instructions given to you by your surgeon so that you’ll see the best result in no time. =D Keep us posted for more developments, okay?

    Geoffrey Lelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =) I just posted another entry. Things are slowly but surely healing and looking better!

      Delete
  3. When will the scar be gone? That's the only thing I'm worried about with plastic surgeries, you may look good but you'll be scarred for life. It does look a little flatter, and I hope you're feeling better now. Just wait a little more and you'll achieve your size 8. Congratulations!

    Marc Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marc!
      It will take about 2 years for the scar to lighten up and fade away. I had gallbladder surgery in 2008, and I have to search to find the "scars".

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a difference - you look to be healing up nicely! Really amazing transformation after your tummy tuck surgery. I love that you documented this and are sharing.

    ReplyDelete


  5. If you are looking for Tummy Tuck Surgery in India come to MedSpa. Dr. Ajaya Kashyap India's best plastic surgeon help you to make you understand all thing about Abdominoplasty Surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog. I appreciate your efforts in providing people Useful Information.
    tummy tuck surgery cost in punjab

    ReplyDelete