Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cans and Can'ts

For today's blog, I decided to make a list of cans (things that I am once again able to do) and can'ts (things that I still can't do independently or at all).

CANS:
Go to the restroom independently
Get dressed (although I have to take about a 30 minute recuperation rest afterwards)
Move around the house pretty easily
Clean my own drain lines and belly button

CAN'TS:
Do laundry or housework
Shower or bathe independently
Lift anything
Stand upright
Be active for more than about 30 minutes (my back starts killing me and I get exhausted)
Sleep in the bed (still in the recliner)


I got a gift card for Christmas, so I ordered a really cute, form fitting sweater dress. Never in a million years could I have worn that before. It came today, and Shane helped me put it on. Even though I was hunched over and had a couple of bulges from the drain bags, I cried. I cried because I had a smooth, beautiful hourglass figure. I couldn't believe it was me, and I couldn't believe it was my dress.

This afternoon, we took the kids to the park. Bless Shane, he is so good with them and I felt like I at least needed to go with them to watch them play. After about 20 minutes at the park, Shane had to bring me home because my back and stomach muscles started aching. It was nice to get out for some fresh air though :)

I'm seeing progress daily and my spirits are better than yesterday. Shane has been such a blessing through this. He has done everything in his power to help me get better and to help with the kids. I'm so glad that I get to call this precious man my husband.

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad that you’re feeling better even there are a lot of things you cannot do yet. The sweater dress is definitely a sweet reward! Anyway, it’s not surprising that you’re recovering fast. The support of your partner and your family make it possible. I hope you keep your spirits up, even when you receive some not-so-good comments, like the one you talked about in your other post. The important thing is that you feel happy and beautiful, inside and out :)

    Terry Bayer

    ReplyDelete