Saturday, December 29, 2012

Update: Day 4

Well, I made it past the dreaded third day! I will admit that it was a lot more painful and uncomfortable than I expected, but I'm proud of myself for handling it as well as I did. Last night was a bit of a bad night. Around 9PM, I started draining A LOT of fluid. Because my body was losing so much fluid, I became a bit dehydrated and developed a really bad headache. No matter what I took, the headache just wouldn't go away. I finally took a Valium to knock myself out so that I could actually rest. I also started running a fever again last night. It got up to 101. The nurse on call told Shane to bring me in immediately if it got up to 101.5. Luckily, my fever broke around 3 AM, and I didn't have to go to the hospital. The pain hasn't been so bad today; I've just been completely drained and exhausted. It amazes me that walking to the bathroom and back to the chair feels like I have just completed a marathon. I had an emotional moment earlier and cried for my mama. So, now she's on her way to help Shane take care of me for the rest of the day :)

The good news out of all of this is that the drainage is beginning to turn clear instead of bloody, and that's a good thing! The swelling and bruising also seems to be doing well too. I'd say overall, I'm definitely progressing in the healing process. One thing I have learned from this is that even though abdominoplasty is an elective cosmetic surgery, it is a big deal! It really takes a toll on you physically and mentally.

The last thing I'm going to share today is something kind of funny: I have always been very shy about, um, "pooting" in front of Shane. Well, all of the meds that I'm on has created horrible, horrible gas. This morning, I started crying. I mean really bawling. Shane immediately asked what was wrong. In between tears I said, "I just have to poot so bad right now, and I don't want to do it in front of you!" He laughed and laughed. Needless to say, the pooting barrier was broken between us today LOL :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love it!!!!! I am glad to hear today is a better day I know its been tough but I believe you are on the home stretch home home...:). I can't wait to read the final post where you start crying while looking at the finished project because you are sooooo happy about it!!!! My thoughts are with you everyday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin, and in most cases restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer. For information on Tummy tuck cost Philippines feel free to visit the link.

    ReplyDelete